The big day has arrived! Join us as we share in Chinnu and Abin’s very special day in Adimali India!
The Wedding (aka Marriage)
You may have noticed that they aren’t facing the congregation, like we see in western weddings. That’s because they’re Orthodox Catholic. Everyone faces the altar during mass and weddings. They also refer to the ceremony as a “marriage” instead of a “wedding.”
Chinnu & Abin’s Wedding Photo Gallery
Our Marriage Blessing
If you watched Episode 101, we shared the story of how we got our marriage blessed by Chinnu and Abin’s priest. When we told them we went to the courthouse to get married and didn’t have a wedding ceremony, they were shocked and appalled. Abin picked up the phone and called Basil who then called their priest to arrange the marriage blessing.
It all happened in just a few minutes and they didn’t give us an option to say no so we decided to embrace it and accept their kind gesture. After the wedding ceremony, we ventured over to the priest’s office where he performed the blessing and we exchanged the rings that Chinnu helped us select back in Trivandrum. The ceremony was short and slightly humorous, which was perfect for us.
Other videos in this series:
- Our Journey from Cuenca Ecuador to South Beach Miami – India Part 1 (Episode 94)
- Drama at 35,000 Feet + AirBnB Apartment Tour – India Part 2 (Episode 95)
- Amsterdam In Spring 2019 + Canal Tour – India Part 3 (Episode 96)
- Keukenhof Tulip Garden Spring 2019 Amsterdam – India Part 4 (Episode 97)
- Dinner With Chinnu’s Family in South India // From Amsterdam to India – India Part 5 (Episode 98)
- A Taste of Southern India: Shopping, Hindu Temple, Beach Walk + Resort Tour – India Part 6 (Episode 99)
- Journey to Chinnu & Abin’s Wedding in Adimali Kerala India – India Part 7 (Episode 100)
- Family, Friends, Food & Fun in Adimali India: Chinnu & Abin’s Pre-Wedding Festivities – India Part 8 (Episode 101)
- Chinnu & Abin’s Pre-Wedding Celebrations – India Part 9 (Episode 102)
Hopefully you enjoyed our video, and if you did, please LIKE, COMMENT and SHARE it, and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel. ¡Muchas Gracias y Hasta Luego!